This is a popular summer cold cucumber soup in Bulgaria is a flavorful and refreshing and, it can be served as an appetizer, side dish.
This no-cook light and completely refreshing, cucumber soup can make a great side dish for the hot summer days.
Authentic Tarator recipe
- Cutting board
- Sharp knife
- Large bowl
- 1½ lb Bulgarian yogurt
- 1 large cucumber (peeled and deseeded)
- 3 oz walnuts (finely chopped or grounded)
- 3 tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 bunch dill (finely chopped)
- black pepper
- Peel the cucumbers and cut into small cubes.
- Add the yogurt to a large bowl and stir until it is smooth. Then add the cucumbers and continue stirring.
- Pour in half a liter of cold water to the bowl and stir again.
- Add the oil, garlic, half of the walnuts, half of the dill, black pper and. stir
- Then sprinkle on top ground walnuts and finely chopped dill. Season with a little sunflower oil.
- Serve cold.