This healthie alternative quick snack to can be even more tweaked with a mix of spices like cumin, paprika, and garlic powder, and dipped into creamy lemon dill dip or tahini sauce,
Baked Eggplant With Tomatoes, Garlic And Paprika
- Cutting board
- Sharp knife
- Baking pan
For the salad
- 1¼ lbs eggplant
- 4 garlic cloves (minced)
- ¾ tsp ground cumin
- 1 cup canned diced tomatoes (drained)
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp parsley (chopped)
- 1 tbsp cilantro leaves
- 2 tsp sweet smoked paprika
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- black pepper (freshly ground)
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- On a cutting board, slice the eggplant into long pieces.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Spray a baking pan with cooking spray and add the eggplant slices in the baking pan and cover with the tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with salt, seasoning and drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake uncovered for about 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle on top with 1-2 tablespoon of water.
- Continue to bake for 10 more minutes.