Cauliflower Rice was introduced at the end of the 90s from California’s chef Ben Ford. Cauliflower has many benefits including stimulating the healthy bacteria in your gut and reducing inflammation.
Cauliflower rice is a healthier alternative compare to rice and it starts treating more the rice industry. Cauliflower is high in vitamins and very low in calories. An interesting fact is that almost every vitamin and mineral that your body needs can be found in cauliflower.
How to Make Cauliflower Rice
- Food processor
- Cutting board
- Large sauté pan
- Large bowl
- 1 head cauliflower
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- ginger (optional seasonings)
- sea salt or ground black pepper (optional seasonings
- garlic (optional seasonings)
- Clean the cauliflower from any leaves and cut it into pieces.
- Use a food processor and place the cauliflower into and pulse it until a grainy rice-like consistency.
- It is optional if you'd like you can season with sea salt and ground black pepper, garlic.
- Heat a large sauté pan over high heat and add coconut oil when the sauté pan is hot.
- Add the cauliflower to the pan and sauté with oil and any additional seasonings if desired.
Nutritional information should be considered an estimate only; please always consult with a nutritionist, a registered dietician or your physician for any specific health-related questions.
It is always better for your health to use clean ingredients if possible organic – with no pesticides, antibiotics and hormones.
Cauliflower Rice recipe FAQ’s
Cauliflower is supremely healthy food with less calories, lower-carb compares to regular rice, high-fiber, vitamins and antioxidants.
Yes you can, but if you don’t have a food processor, you can just cut the head of cauliflower in half and cut them in pieces
Cauliflower can help maintain a healthy weight and lowers the risk of inflammation, lower cholesterol levels, control blood sugar.
Simply add a little bit of oil or butter to the cauliflower and keep it for about three minutes over medium heat.