Traditional Okróshka is a cold soup popular in Russia in the summer. The traditional soup is served with sour cream and kvas ( a popular Russian fermented drink made from black rye).
Using raw vegetables like cucumber, radish and green add a lot of vitamins and nutrition to keep you healthy while the eggs and meat add protein to make your stomach feel full.
- Vidalia Chop Wizard
- Large pot
- Cutting board
- Large bowl
- Sharp knife
- 1½ l Kvass
- 150-200 g boiled meat (or ham)
- 2 eggs (diced)
- 5-6 potatoes (peeled and diced)
- 2 cucumbers (diced)
- 3-4 radishes (diced)
- ½ cup green onions (finely chopped)
- 3 tbsp chopped dill (fresh or frozen)
- salt and black pepper
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- In a deep bowl mix chopped cucumbers, greens, radishes and boiled meat.
- Pilled the eggs from the shell, chop them and add them to the bowl
- Then add the mixture in plates, pour cold kvas, add a bit of salt.
- The soup is served with sour cream.
Nutritional information should be considered an estimate only; please always consult with a nutritionist, a registered dietician or your physician for any specific health-related questions.
It is always better for your health to use clean ingredients if possible organic – with no pesticides, antibiotics and hormones.
Did you make this Traditional Okroshka recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @tastybg_on Instagram and hashtag it #tastybg.