This classic Russian salad, also known as Olivier is a potato salad made with peas, potatoes, carrots, ham, eggs, onion, and mayonnaise.
In Russian cuisine, this Olivier salad is a traditional salad dish and it became popular in many European countries, Iran, Israel, Mongolia and also throughout Latin America.
Russian Potato Salad Olivier
- Cutting board
- Sharp knife
- Large bowl
- ¾ lbs ham (cubed)
- 3 potatoes (cooked and cubed)
- 3 carrots (cooked and cubed)
- 6 boiled eggs
- 3 dill pickles (cubed)
- 1 cup frozen fresh peas
- 1 sweet onion (cubed)
- ½ english cucumber (cubed)
- 1 cup mayo
- 1 pinch dill
- salt and pepper
- 1-2 limes juice
- First cook the potatoes for 20-30mins in their skin and hardboil the eggs.
- Then peel the potatoes, remove the sheld from the eggs and let them cool.
- Drain the peas and add it to a large bowl.
- Cut the potatoes, cucumber, pickles, eggs into small cubes.
- Chop the onion and add it to the bowl. You can use green onion instead of sweet onion.
- Add the ingredients to the bowl and mix them with the mayonnaise.